We have an exciting opportunity for several Welders to join our colleagues at Vessco Engineering Ltd on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Welder, you will be responsible for:
- Performing high quality TIG, MIG, MMA and SAW welds on mild steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys.
- Working correctly to the parameters of Weld Procedure Specifications.
- Understanding factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.
- Following safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, etc.
- Gaining and keeping required welding codes qualifications
- Carrying out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards.
At Vessco Engineering Ltd, they work 39hours per week. You must be open to working shifts (shift allowance will be paid) and overtime is often available.
The hourly rate for this position is £15.00 to £16.50 per hour depending on experience.
About Vessco Engineering Ltd
Vessco Engineering Ltd was founded in 2006 to support local industries in and around South Wales with general fabrication work and the fabrication of header boxes. Their first vessels were small, relatively low pressure filter-type units. Since then they have established a highly-skilled workforce, and gone on to specialise in the field of pressure vessels and process equipment. They expanded into the export market with clients in Ghana, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Algeria, while retaining our domestic customer base.
They are an ambitious and fast-growing manufacturer of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and fabricated equipment. Recently Vessco Engineering Ltd joined our LTi Metaltech Group. Today their clients are based around the world and come from a range of sectors, including Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power, Water Treatment & Heavy Industry.
For further information, take a look on their website https://vesscoengineering.co.uk/
To be a successful Welder, you will be an experienced coded TIG and Stick Welder. MIG experience would be advantageous however is not essential. Having ideally worked in the Oil and Gas, or Nuclear industries previously, you will be confident using factory equipment such as rotators, manipulators and cranes. You must be able to accurately read and understand fabrication drawings, and hold or have recently held, Welder qualifications to ASME IX and EN 9606-1 standards.
Proactive, flexible and a team player, you will have high regard for all health and safety standards in the workplace.
How to apply:
Recruitment is being driven through our central resource at LTi Metaltech Ltd therefore please send your CV and one page cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Vessco Engineering Ltd to email@example.com
No agencies please.