We are currently recruiting for a Materials Handler to join our team here at LTi Metaltech. An experienced Warehouse Operative, you will be the dedicated weekend Materials Handler therefore must be confident working independently and using your initiative.
Please note this is a weekend only position working 16-20hours across Saturday and Sunday.
As the weekend Materials Handler, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that delivered parts are unloaded and booked in according to requirements
- Ensuring that all parts are checked and safely stored, ready to be issued to production when needed.
- To ensure supplier documentation supports items delivered and to report any anomalies in order to provide an accurate document trail
- Providing manufacturing support, ensuring no material shortages at all times
- Assisting in the movement of any products to secondary locations,
- Taking ownership of the yard, ensuring it is allocated and organised in a safe and tidy manner
- Processing all relevant documentation regarding deliveries and stock via the stock control system
- Carrying out regular cycle counts and stock checks
LTi Metaltech is the recognised expert in high integrity welded structures capable of withstanding extreme pressure, vacuum and temperature differentials. We pride ourselves in delivering cutting edge technologies for industries including Fusion & Nuclear, Healthcare and Renewables, with further capabilities and insights targeted at Transport & Rail.
We employ around 100 people, including one of the largest groups of coded welders in the South East of England, working to AD Merkblatt 2000 and PD 5500 pressure containment standards. We continuously strive to push the boundaries, investing in the latest technologies, techniques and processes to help exceed our customers’ expectations.
For further information, take a look on our website http://www.lti-metaltech.com
To be a successful weekend Materials Handler you will have extensive experience as a Warehouse Operative, or similar, in a manufacturing environment. You will have a strong understanding of document control and customer requirements.
Comfortable lifting and moving products up to 20kg in weight, you will already have Counterbalance Forklift Truck experience (please note full training will be provided) and it is essential you hold a UK Driving Licence.
Due to the nature of the role, you must be self motivated, flexible in your approach and have excellent communication skills. You will thrive working in a fast paced environment and be confident working in an independent role.
We offer a fantastic benefits package including:
- £12 – £14 per hour
- Weekday overtime – available in line with business demand and holiday cover
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (full time equivalent)
We have onsite parking and are easily accessible by public transport.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and one page cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining LTi Metaltech to email@example.com
No agencies please.