We have an exciting opportunity for a Fabricator to join our colleagues at Vessco Engineering Ltd on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Fabricator, you will be responsible for:
- Accurately cutting, grinding, and laying out a wide variety of materials including sheet metal, plate, tube, pipe, channel, and angle.
- Performing basic quality MIG and MMA tack welds on mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminium
- Performing final assembly to produce high quality finished products
- Marking out cylinders to provide quarter lines and exact locations of nozzles, brackets and other attachments.
- Cutting out holes in cylinders – using propane / acetylene torches and plasma torches.
- Creating templates for a range of shapes and profiles e.g. tangential nozzle in cylinder.
- Joining metal cylinders together using temporary attachments, chain blocks and similar equipment.
- Cutting and shaping weld preparation bevels on cylinder main seams and also nozzle weld preparations.
- Preparing weld bevels on pipework and tack together pipes and flanges ready for welding.
- Following safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, etc.
At Vessco Engineering Ltd, they work 39hours per week. Hours for this role are 06:45 to 15:45 Monday to Thursday, and 06:45 to 11:45 Friday. Overtime is often available.
The hourly rate for this position is £15.00 to £16.50 per hour depending on experience.
About Vessco Engineering Ltd
Vessco Engineering Ltd was founded in 2006 to support local industries in and around South Wales with general fabrication work and the fabrication of header boxes. Their first vessels were small, relatively low pressure filter-type units. Since then they have established a highly-skilled workforce, and gone on to specialise in the field of pressure vessels and process equipment. They expanded into the export market with clients in Ghana, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Algeria, while retaining our domestic customer base.
They are an ambitious and fast-growing manufacturer of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and fabricated equipment. Recently Vessco Engineering Ltd joined our LTi Metaltech Group. Today their clients are based around the world and come from a range of sectors, including Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power, Water Treatment & Heavy Industry.
For further information, take a look on their website https://vesscoengineering.co.uk/
To be a successful Fabricator, you will already have extensive experience within heavy industry and working with pressure vessels. Comfortable working at height and in confined spaces, you will have demonstratable experience using factory equipment such as horizontal saws, pillar drills, rotators, manipulators and cranes. Forklift training would be advantageous however, not essential. You will be able to accurately read and understand fabrication drawings and have high regard for all health and safety standards in the workplace.
Proactive, flexible and a team player, you will ideally have had exposure to the Oil and Gas, or Nuclear industries previously.
How to apply:
Recruitment is being driven through our central resource at LTi Metaltech Ltd therefore please send your CV and one page cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining Vessco Engineering Ltd to email@example.com
No agencies please.