We are on the look out for an Assistant Materials Planner to join our team! This role would ideally suit someone with a stock control, manufacturing or distribution background, looking for a dynamic, fast-paced and hands-on role supporting our Materials and Production teams.
What will you be doing (not limited to):
- Hands-on support to the Materials and Production teams, carrying out daily stock and cycle counts and updating and maintaining our internal systems.
- Assisting with project timelines, material deliveries, key deadlines, work orders and transport requirements in line with customer expectations.
- Monitoring and reporting on finished goods stock levels against agreed targets.
- Monitoring stock availability and variances to ensure supplies are available in line with Production planning.
- Attend daily Production meetings to explain notable changes and/or issues to the wider team.
- After an initial training period, and once settled into the role, there will be plenty of opportunities to be involved in further tasks and projects that would include supporting the Production Manager with planning of labour hours, reporting and implementing planning and scheduling process improvements, solving queries and ensuring accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM).
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills are key, both written and verbal, as the role acts as an interface between suppliers, other departments and the customer.
- Ability to think logically, with good analytical skills, to enhance planning effectiveness.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (further training can be provided where necessary) as well as experience using systems.
- A thorough and organised approach, experience of administration-based tasks is essential.
- Be able to work under pressure and to time constraints with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Proactive personality and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify and escalate business critical decisions appropriately.
- Actively participate in problem solving and generating ideas for system and process improvement initiatives.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining LTi Metaltech to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.