Material Handler (Temporary)
- Circa £12.50 per hour
- Full-time, temporary (potential to go Temp to perm)
- Initial Early shift but scope to cover other shifts during sickness or holiday periods
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Material Handler to work on a early shift with the flexibility to cover both the early and late shift in regards to holiday and other absences. This role is temporary but with the potential to go permanent
The key task of this role would be:
- To competently use the counter balance and Reach trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- To ensure that delivered parts are unloaded in a timely manner.
- To quarantine and report any quality issues on delivery.
- To ensure that all parts are checked and safely stored in a clean weather proof location, ready to be issue to production when needed.
- To ensure supplier documentation supports items delivered and to report any anomalies in order to provide an accurate document trail.
- To provide manufacturing support, ensuring no shortages at the start of each manufacturing job.
- To ensure all finished products are safely palletised prior to collection.
- To assist in the movement of any products to secondary locations, such as the second LTi site and external customers.
- Lifting and moving products up to 15kg in weight may be required
- To ensure that the yard is organised in a safe and tidy manner and in in accordance with ISO9001:2007 requirements.
- Process all relevant documentations regarding delivery and stock via ProAlpha
- Release and print standard manufacturing orders as necessary on a daily basis to enable manufacturing teams to meet the build plan.
- To carry out a minimum of 4 cyclical stock checks per part per annum.
- Check Company skips and report any waste contamination in order to assure adherence to ISO14001.
- To undertake any other tasks that may from time-to-time be requested.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
Below Skills / Qualifications are essential for this role:
- PC literacy (word and excel)
- Current forklift licences – counterbalance and reach
- Operation of materials handling equipment
- Experience supporting the manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of key customer requirements
Early Shift Late Shift
Monday- Thursday: 06:00 – 14:00 Monday- Thursday: 14:00 – 22:10
Friday: 05:55 – 13:00 Friday: 12:55 – 18:55
Monday- Thursday: 09:50 – 18:00
Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
*Saturday: 06:00 – 14:00
*Saturday: 06:00 – 14:00
*You will be required to work every fifth Saturday, (this equates to an average working week of 38.6 hours).
Apply by emaiing