About the Role
We are recruiting for an assistant buyer to support the development and application of best practices to the procurement processes that provides our current materials and services at best quality, delivery and cost to the point of use. On occasions, you will deputise for the Supply Chain Leader in certain areas to ensure continuity of service.
The key tasks of this role would be:
- Coordinate the contracting, sourcing and buying of quality components and materials used in product manufacture. Carry out regular visits to maintain standards and resolve supplier issues
- Assist Risk Mitigation plans based on Supplier performance and commercial risk measurements
- Arrange Supplier meetings with minuted actions and responsibilities
- Ensure Supply Agreements and/or Blanket Orders are in place for approved key suppliers.
- Liaise with both Internal and External customers in order to maintain agreed quality standards and delivery dates.
- Facilitate resolution of Quality and delivery issues relating to Goods received
- Drive appropriate initiatives and continuous improvement programmes in order to add value
- Manage smaller spend suppliers and act as a point of contact for all Internal meetings and challenges
- To maintain and or/update system requirements and KPI’s to monitor progress against targets
- Support cost reduction and productivity programmes
- Engage with new Suppliers, managing the transition and implementation from RFQ stage through to delivery
- NPI new business support
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
CIPS qualified (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) or equivalent. Desirable but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Proven experience in a Procurement role within a manufacturing environment.
Creative and innovative attitude
Strong analytical approach
Understanding of manufacturing
Experience with an ERP based Materials Management system
Remains calm under pressure
Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Practical problem solver
Self motivated and flexible
Work and communicate effectively with colleagues and professional contacts
Apply by emailing